Keiser University’s Online Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting equips students with quality, hands-on education to match their career goals. Our students train under the supervision of a physician or practitioner with applicable experience. In this program, you’ll learn to take vital signs, assist in treatment of minor injuries, collect and process lab specimens, and administer an array of tests. These skills will be supplemented with administrative skills vital to hospital and clinic success, such as admissions, billing and logistics. The Online Associate of Science degree is offered completely online, giving you freedom to complete your coursework any time of day or night you choose.
Your educational and professional success is our goal. Throughout the program, you will:
- Develop the ability to perform clinical and administrative duties
- Partner with local health care facilities for relevant hands-on training, practice and mentorship
- Prepare for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam given by the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Explore various facets of the medical assisting trade throughout different courses and practical requirements
Upon graduating, you’ll be eligible for a rewarding career in a variety of settings such as hospitals, clinics, and other types of health care facilities.
Medical Assisting Graduate Success Stories
“I graduated [from] Keiser University ... and I couldn’t be any happier with my success. After finishing my A.S. in Medical Assisting, I decided to continue my education by studying nursing with Keiser University again! Online is very convenient.”
– Marylin G., Medical Assisting Graduate
“I totally loved this journey! I did my externship at a pediatric office, as this was the area I wanted to be in. In fact, it was the office that I went to as a child, my kids went there, and now my grandson goes there. I had a long history with that group, so naturally I wanted to be there. Two months after my externship was finished, I got hired there as a pediatric medical assistant!”
– LeeAnn S., Medical Assisting Graduate
“I not only received an excellent education but also encouragement and training that built my self-confidence every day.”
– Nidia B., Medical Assisting Graduate