The Bachelor of Science degree in Public Safety Administration provides a comprehensive curriculum that allows students with Associate degrees in approved related fields to complete their Bachelor's degree and pursue career advancement in public safety. The program offers a combination of public administration and management courses that focus on public policy issues ranging from budget development to grant writing and property management, administrative law, social policy and event response.
Coursework also includes public relations, hazard mitigation, conflict resolution and critical infrastructure protection. Students can expect to:
- Develop an understanding of public administration management within the context of public safety departments
- Develop an understanding of intergovernmental relations, how all levels of government - local, state, and national - must work together to provide public safety and social services effectively
- Develop emergency plans for catastrophic events to ensure public safety and the effective operations of their departments
The Bachelor of Science degree in Public Safety Administration is offered 100% online, helping you fit a degree into your busy life. From 24/7 access to course materials to the encouragement of instructors who truly care about your education, you'll have the flexibility, convenience and interactive support you need to pursue your degree and career goals.
Graduates of the B.S. in Public Safety Administration degree program can find opportunities in a range of settings including:
- Fire departments
- Emergency medical service agencies
- Police and sheriff's departments
- Governmental bureaus nationally
Contact Keiser University today to learn more about our Public Safety Administration program.
Attention Fire Fighters - You may also be interested in our Associate of Science Degree in Fire Science.
DEDICATION AND ADVANCEMENT
“Through Keiser University, I was able to further develop my knowledge base and I could immediately begin to see the progress I made.”
- Dru D.
Keiser University Public Safety Graduate