Prepare for a leadership role in the health care field. The online Doctor of Health Science degree provides health care professionals with the theory and skills to advance a career in health related administration, teaching, or clinical practice where advanced analytical and conceptual capabilities are required. This advanced degree will prepare graduates to better understand and effectively manage the ongoing challenges of access, cost, and quality in healthcare; and to skillfully analyze, plan, implement, and evaluate proposed solutions to these challenges. The focus is on critical analysis and evaluation of complex issues and challenges arising in professional practice. This program is intended to provide present healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills to excel in project management, decision-making, managing organizational behavior, setting standards based on the evidence, and gaining the competence to apply research to their professional practice.
Keiser University’s Doctor of Health Science program prepares students to:
- Examine the dynamics of diverse populations and create a learning culture by understanding and responding to the political, social, economic, legal, and cultural environment as relates to health science
- Analyze challenges of access, cost, quality, and ethical issues in healthcare communities and select proposed solutions
- Plan and develop population specific healthcare programs to meet the needs of the communities served
- Propose practice standards based on medical evidence and evaluate the efficacy of the interventions
- Advance the body of knowledge through relevant action-oriented research and scholarship
Keiser University’s Doctor of Health Science degree is offered through our online Graduate campus. In addition to the continued student-support focus infused into every program, students benefit from the flexibility and convenience of pursuing their degree on a schedule that fits their busy lives.
today to learn more about our Doctor of Health Science program.