The Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems focuses on a wide range of information technology skills. The knowledge domains covered include: introductory and advanced compiled programming, web and operating system scripting and automation, network design, network architecture, systems analysis, introductory and advanced security, mobile application development, database management, project management, and information technology management. Graduates will be able to pursue a variety of information technology-related jobs.
- Identification of issues and strategies for designing and implementing computer-based information systems in a variety of computing and business environments.
- A thorough working knowledge of multiple modern computer programming and scripting languages, including: Java, C#, HTML5, PHP, and Bash Shell Scripting.
- Working knowledge of at least one modern database management system, such as MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle DB.
- Knowledge of key issues in the design, development, and deployment of mobile and cloud-based applications.
Keiser University's Computer Information Systems program is also offered through a combination of online and on campus classes. In addition to the continued student-support focus infused into every program, students benefit from the flexibility and convenience of pursuing their degree on a schedule that fits their busy lives.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems may pursue entry-level positions such as:
- Support Technician
- System Administrator, Database Administrator, Network Administrator
- Software Developer, Web Developer, Mobile Developer
- Project Manager, Information Technology Manager
- Automation Engineer, Product Development Engineer
Contact Keiser University today to learn more about our Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems program.